The Great Learning Academy has seen its user base increase by 5 times
This 5-fold growth in the number of learners on the GLA platform reflects the need to keep pace with the automation, changing demands and invisible jobs of tomorrow.
Great Learning, part of the BYJU Group and a leading global edtech company for vocational and higher education, has experienced 5x growth in learners for Great Learning Academy (GLA) â¼ its benchmark free online courses. Launched at the start of the pandemic last year, the Great Learning Academy provides free online certificates to students and working professionals to develop career-critical skills relevant to the digital age and has helped develop 2 million learners to date. The economic uncertainty induced by the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly contributed to the increase in demand for digital skills, development and vocational training in India. This 5-fold growth in the number of learners on the GLA platform reflects the need to keep pace with the automation, changing demands and invisible jobs of tomorrow. While on-campus internships have taken a hit due to Covid 19, the company, five months ago, also introduced CareerBoost, a GLA-based work preparation product that provides holistic career support to students. and first-year students and allows them to take assessment tests, prepare for interviews and apply for jobs at top companies.
Great Learning Academy offers over 750 free courses in English and Hindi in various fields such as data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computing and software, cloud computing, marketing and finance , digital marketing, interview prep, sales, comics and more. While 45% of the users were Indian students, the remaining 55% were novice and experienced professionals from all over the world. The platform recorded more than 4.3 million course registrations. Introduction to digital marketing, fundamentals of data science, Java programming, Excel for beginners, Smart English for professionals, Python for machine learning and front-end development are a few most popular courses and have worldwide demand from countries like India, the United States and Canada. , Bangladesh and more.
With the launch of CareerBoost, newcomers to India are now able to achieve career transitions by accessing comprehensive career support and relevant job and internship listings. Since launch, over 300 companies such as TCS, Dell, Ugam, Tech Mahindra, IndiaMart, Informatica, Lead Squared, etc. have used this platform to hire new talent in roles like ASE, Software Engineer, Dotnet Developer, Product Engineer, Security Analyst, etc. They also have the opportunity to explore relevant options tailored to their profile among more than 10,000 job vacancies posted on GLA.
âThe accelerated adoption of digital technologies by organizations across all sectors has resulted in a major disruption to the employment economy during the pandemic. Students who worked very hard for their degrees were now at a crossroads as to whether or not they would be able to put their knowledge into practice. We launched the Great Learning Academy to give students, new graduates and professionals the opportunity to develop these digital skills essential to their careers. The phenomenal increase in the number of learners is a clear indication that people are ready to invest to sustain their skills and keep up with changing technological and industrial demands. As we started to see an increase in the number of learners on GLA, we also started working on making it a holistic one-stop-shop solution for first year students as well.
We then launched CareerBoost to help organizations find qualified talent and newcomers to find the perfect job that fits their profile. said Hari Krishnan Nair, co-founder of Great Learning.
With the growth of the digital economy, the company plans to create a wider impact on the career trajectory of learners regardless of the economic situation in order to build an industry-ready Indian workforce.