Software Developer – IT-Online
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS Development
- Mendix development feature requests, bug fixes, and commercial project applications.
- Understanding of integration with other systems using web services.
- Ad hoc understanding of other programming languages.
- Work with the Agile planning tool within the internal development team.
- Ensure all development documentation is in place and up to date.
- Work with the Software Development Manager, Business Analyst, and Test Analyst to ensure development delivery is on schedule.
- Technical and functional tests before handover for test / UAT.
- End-to-end ad hoc testing to support development teamwork (as needed).
- Support the team by ensuring that departmental 99.999% uptime targets are met on Mendix platforms.
Support for internal companies
- 2nd level sales support on all internal Mendix sales applications.
- Liaise with companies on internal business application bugs and fixes.
- Work alongside other departments to ensure applications are bug-free and developed to optimal development standards.
- Ad hoc training for professional users.
- Perform reserve support according to the reserve quarter rules.
- Prepare technical specifications / documentation if necessary.
- Document the code versions and the sprinter, according to the required standards.
- Update daily and provide feedback on tickets to internal customers; Make sure tickets are fully updated at all times
- Perform full RCA and corrective actions, and update tickets in this regard.
- Make sure internal customers confirm tickets are resolved before tickets close.
- Provide timely feedback to the Software Development Manager as requested, to aid in sprint planning and release schedules.
Information technology security
- Manage the risks associated with accessing information assets / systems.
- Ensure code is developed and published in accordance with ISO 27001 and ISAE 3402 best practices.
- Teamwork and knowledge sharing within the team
- Good communication skills
- Active listening skills to understand requirements
- Ability to communicate in English
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to work independently and positive team spirit
- Behaves in a professional manner, demonstrates high levels of tolerance and patience
- Responsible for continuous learning and personal development
- All activities done on time
- Ability to write technical design specifications or technical impact documentation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher education degree or diploma in computer science preferred but not compulsory
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of other development languages preferred (JAVA preferred)
- Knowledge of Internet protocols eg. SNMP, SMTP and IMAP preferred
- Knowledge of systems integration using REST and SOAP web services
- Preference will be given to applicants who
- Who have previous software development experience and an understanding of rapid development tools
- A certification in rapid development tools (for example Mendix Rapid Developer preferably)
QSE, INFORMATION SECURITY, LEGAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND OBLIGATIONS Employees must demonstrate their commitment to the requirements of the integrated management system by:
- Take reasonable precautions for the health and safety of yourself, others and the workplace.
- Obey all company rules, policies and procedures in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Law 85 of 1993, ISO [Phone Number Removed]; and ISO 9001: 2015 standards.
- Report all dangerous or unhealthy conditions and threats that come to their attention that may affect people or the business.
- Ensure the preservation of the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of information for the client and our respective clients.
- Engage in the implementation and maintenance of our quality management system.
- All employees are responsible for the quality of their work and for protecting company and customer information.
Please note, only preselected candidates will be contacted
Find out more / Apply for this position