Intermediate Android Developer (Java & Kotlin) (Remote) at Datafin Recruitment
ENVIRONMENT: IF you’re passionate about lifelong learning and pushing the technical boundaries to find cutting-edge solutions, an innovative and dynamic FinTech company wants your coding skills to be their next mid-level Android developer. Your role will be to provide code based on a product backlog, develop agile software, and help design technical solutions and software and product support. You must have a BSc. University degree in computer science or B.Eng OR have, in addition to the minimum requirement of 4 years of experience, 5 additional years in the absence of a degree. You also need 2 years Android with Java or preferably Kotlin. Work is remote with co-located quarterly team events, typically at the Stellenbosch [URL Removed] code according to a product backlog.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Android Java experience or preferably Kotlin.
- Relevant B.Sc. University degree in Computer Science or B.Eng with good academic performance, outstanding in software development / programming courses OR 5 additional years of work experience in the absence of a degree.
- Bachelor’s degree or more.
- Flutter experience or interest in learning it.
- AWS Cloud Experience.
- A preference for a variety of work and horizontal training over deep specialist skills.
- Aspirations to mentor and coach other developers.
- IOS development experience.
- Communication skills that allow you to collaborate and explain your process, approach and motivation to various stakeholders.
- Able to work in a team as well as individually.
- Zoom out on the big picture and zoom in on the details.
- Estimate effort on tasks, prioritize work and meet deadlines, but manage expectations proactively rather than working overtime to get the job done.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A propensity to fail quickly and learn quickly and to share both failure and learning with others.
- Prioritize learning over being right. Understand others rather than becoming defensive.
- Understand the value of the customer as a member of the team rather than us and them.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more / Apply for this position