HCC Youth Summer Programs begin June 27
HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) — Holyoke Community College offers several weeklong in-person and online programs for youth ages 8 to 15 on a variety of subjects.
From June 27 to August 12, the college will offer courses that provide educational opportunities as well as the opportunity to experience what it is like to learn in a higher education environment with industry professionals.
HCC’s 2022 on-campus summer youth programs run Monday through Friday for one week, some full day, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and some half day, 9 a.m. at noon or from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. All in-person programs will be held at HCC’s main campus, 303 Homestead Ave., with the exception of cooking and baking classes, which are held at HCC MGM Culinary Arts Institute, 164 Race St., Holyoke:
- June 27-July 1: Culinary Arts with Chef Maureen Benton, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ($399)
- July 18-22: Culinary Arts with Chef Maureen Benton, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ($399); Create your first video game, 9 a.m. to noon or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. ($169).
- July 25-29: Code Breakers, 9 a.m. to noon or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. ($169); Python programming, 9 a.m. to noon or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. ($169).
- August 1-5: Calling Superheroes: Cartooning & Illustration, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ($299).
- August 8-12: Culinary Arts with Chef Benton, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ($399).
Find descriptions of each summer youth program and a registration link on the HCC website or call 413-552-2123.