Business Systems Analyst – IT-Online
Business Systems Analyst – We offer an IT store with a banking license.
12 month contract position
The Company: is one of South Africa’s leading banks and is known for the great care it provides to its customers and employees.
The Position: We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst. The proposed pay range is R500 t0 [URL Removed] Per hour (resource rate) for a 12-month contract position only.
How to register:
For your application to be considered, please send your CV to Tatum Martin on [Email Address Removed] – only candidates with appropriate experience in Java programming will be contacted.
- Have a reliable means of transportation with a valid driver’s license
- South African with a valid South African ID
- Matrix completed
- Diploma completed / Diploma – essential
- CBAP certification completed – essential
- More than 7 years of relevant experience in systems analysis
- Over 4 years of experience in payments and Forex
- Strong working knowledge of use cases and UML
- Exposure to systems / applications under development – added benefit
- Exposure to all elements constituting the Forex IT infrastructure
- Management of development and production incidents
- Management of change of scope
- Must have a solid understanding of new cross-border payment rails like SWIFT
- Good understanding of ISO20022 payment message standards (PAIN, PACS, CAMPT messages) as well as equivalent SWIFT MT100, 200 and 900 messages
- Exposure to cross-border SAMOS and ZAR payments
- Keep abreast of changes in the payments modernization industry
- Understand and facilitate sessions on requirements that include financial payment flows and postings to internal financial accounts
- Responsible for the analysis and design of new systems, major improvements to existing systems and general systems maintenance
- Lead and facilitate business and technology requirements gathering sessions to produce functional and system specifications. Ensure that functional / systems requirements represent a common vision among end users
- Participate in system design sessions to arrive at an optimal solution. Assist in the identification of risks and issues within the project (s) and mitigation strategies
- In collaboration with the architect or systems developer, analyze and design:
- integration files or messages (for example, web service definitions, XML schemas, business functions, flat files or delimited files, APIs, etc.)
- help design and update system configurations (outside of the production environment)
- write SQL queries (not embedded in the code), query database tables for analysis, and help design database structures
- Analyze and participate in systems functional design sessions for improvements and upgrades or “manage the bank” migrations that require expertise / functional analysis
- participate in functional systems design sessions for ‘change bank’ and ‘bank development’ initiatives, as well as new products or capabilities
- Review and analyze current process flows and recommend solutions to improve and restructure the processes necessary to achieve business goals and to respond to industry changes and / or opportunities
- Guide suggestions for appropriate solutions taking into account cost, risk, delivery and feasibility
- Modeling of system designs to achieve business goals. These will include behavioral and structural UML diagrams (such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, timing and state machine diagrams, component diagrams, as well as diagrams ERD and interface diagrams if necessary)
Ensure requirements models and analyzes are performed in accordance with internationally accepted best practices (use case modeling and UML 2.5)
- Modeling and designing screens for usability, documenting workflows and screen designs.
- Where business requirements or user stories have already been provided, interpret and deliver system solutions to meet the requirements, along with functional and system documentation
- When business requirements or user stories are not available, must be able to work and co-create with business stakeholders and lead an end-to-end project applying sound knowledge and research on the payments industry and engaging subject matter experts who can provide answers
- Help with problem analysis and resolution
- Interfacing with all the teams involved in the project as needed,
e. all relevant external, internal and product managers (e.g. subject matter experts, QA, architecture, process engineering, external project teams, change management teams)
- Assist the QA team by reviewing test cases and scenarios and help QA teams identify final system tests to validate requirements have been met
- May be required to perform integrity / acceptance testing to ensure the requirement, as documented, has been met, as required
- Attend and actively contribute to the SA / community of practice forum
- Ideally will have exposure to work in a disciplined agile environment or other agile environment where project deliverables are put into production at least monthly or more often
Why should you apply?
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities for on-the-job training and further education related to your role
- Good team
- Excellent management
Work references, criminal checks and qualification checks will be performed on the successful candidate.
We will only respond to shortlisted applications. Therefore, please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received feedback after 7 days.
- CBAP certification
- Relational databases
- Cross-border payments
- Use case
- Management of change of scope
Desired work experience:
Desired qualification level:
Find out more / Apply for this position